TCM Beauty Singapore - Gua Sha Massage and Gua Sha Facial
Facial Guasha boosts circulation of blood & Qi to your face, stimulates the flow of lymphatic fluid and eliminates toxins and rejuvenates skin cells. It is an essential TCM Beauty Singapore routine to achieve a more youthful appearance.
When done regularly, skin functions are improved, complexion is brighter, skin is smoother & more firm. It not only diminished the appearance of wrinkles, but also helps in dark circles and pigmentation & and skin lifting benefits. With good lymphatic drainage, our face will look less puffy & more sculpted with more prominent jawline and cheekbones.
Facial guasha also helps to relax our facial muscles, which are often neglected. This in turn can help to relieve neck tension, tension headaches, sinus de-congestion and improves sleep overall. After a long day, facial gua sha helps me to relieve stress and have a moment of serenity & me-time before bedtime.
You can find some useful Gua Sha Facial Massage tools from our products page.
Do's of Facial Gua Sha
- Use a facial massage oil on the face to reduce friction.
- Pressure used should be light-medium in pressure, do not scrape with too much force to prevent injury to the skin.
- Strokes should be in short & in one direction, repeated 5– 10 times, or until the skin is slightly warm & a little red.
- Scrape in a upward motion, or outward from the nose to the ears.
- Drink a glass of warm water after massage to help the body dispel toxins.
- Can be done daily at night before sleep or in the morning.
Don'ts of Facial Gua Sha
- Unlike body guasha, do not scrape till you see petechiae/ ‘sha’. A bit of warmth and redness is enough to stimulate blood circulation.
- Avoid using a back-and-forth movement. Only scrape in one direction.
- Avoid using coins or plastic tools as scrapers. They may hurt your skin.
- Avoid if you have severe acne or infected or open wounds.
You can read more from this book below- its quite simple to understand just looking at the pictures, detailing basic body & facial techniques for beauty & also for slimming.
Some pictures from the book above:
This website below provides quite a comprehensive review of gua sha facial and the technique with some videos from Youtube as well.
Pic from bondenavant.com